Fortuney: Focus on textile treatments. Students create one look 15 pts.
- Write: Poem about pleating and repetition 1 pt.
- Sketch: 6-10 looks using India inks with brush 2 pts.
- Draping Technique:
- muslin 2 pts
- pattern 3 pts
- Fabric Techniques: Twisting, stitching = use boiling water. Smocking= stitching that stays. 3 pts
- Fabrics: three samples- silk, linen, light weight cotton with pleating and smocking and a final sample using the fabric of the garment. NO SYNTHETICS 1 pt
- Portfolio piece (digital PDF and printed): Poem, sketch, fabric swatch, photograph of garment in action. 3 pts
Wednesday April 13 – workday. Sewing questions
Monday April 18 – Professor Lung will check for points: muslin, pattern and finished garment.
Wednesday April 20 – Digital presentations of portfolio (Poem, sketch, fabric swatch, photograph of garment in action) to the class.
- La Shondra